Pre-ground coffee can soon lose it’s flavour, so it’s no surprise that coffee lovers often prefer to buy coffee beans and do their own grinding in their kitchen. This allows their coffee to stay fresher for longer and has the added benefit of giving the kitchen that fantastic aroma of freshly-ground coffee. Of course to do this you need to buy yourself a coffee grinder. Nowadays, there are many different grinders on the market so how do you choose which one to buy? In order to help you out, we’ve done the research for you and here are our reviews of the best coffee grinders currently on the market in 2017.
Best Coffee Grinders
De’Longhi KG79 Professional Burr Grinder
- Bean capacity of 120g.
- Capable of grinding enough beans for between 2 and 12 cups of coffee.
- Simple use via on/off switch.
- Easy fineness setting selection using the dial.
- Built-in safety system called Dual Safe automatically stops grinding if the coffee bean holder or the already ground coffee are removed.
- Quieter than most other grinders.
- Two grinding wheels for safe and consistent grinding.
- Built-in cord storage.
Baratza Encore Electric Burr Coffee Grinder
- An unbelievable 40 different fineness settings. Whether you want fine or coarse ground coffee, you can easily get the exact coarseness you want with this model.
- Reliable and predictable output for whichever grind setting is chosen.
- The quiet and efficient motor prevents the beans heating up.
- The bean hopper container holds up to 227g of beans.
- Very easy to use.
Sage By Heston Blumenthal The Smart Grinder Pro
If a consistent grind quality and good looks are equally important to you, then the Sage Smart Grinder Pro is definitely worth considering. It looks great and works great too, providing you with professional quality coffee at home.
- Trumps even the Baratza Encore with 60 different grind settings.
- Dosing IQ technology – when you change the grind setting, the dose is changed automatically.
- 450g bean hopper is removable.
- Consistent and fine quality grind.
- Mid-grind pause feature.
- Quiet operation compared to most grinders.
Krups GVX242 Expert Pro Combi Grinder
- Simple to use and user-friendly.
- Fineness (from Espresso to Cafetiere) and number of cups selectors.
- Ground coffee container is removable and has a safety lid.
- 200g capacity bean container.
- Compact and lightweight design make it suitable for even the smallest of kitchens.
There is a staggering range of coffee grinders on the market today, and the number seems to be ever-increasing. Because of the mechanical nature of these machines some inevitably have operational faults and annoyances. Not so with these grinders covered here. Each of them thoroughly deserves their place on any list of the best coffee grinders, with each of them offering their own individual advantages.
Our own particular favourite grinder is the Baratza Encore due to its combination of great appearance, reliability, quality and the sheer number of configuration options it offers.