This beard trimmer buyer’s guide tells you all the things you need to take into consideration when making a purchasing decision.
Beards have made a real comeback over recent years and are now incredibly popular. And manufacturers have looked to cash in on that growing customer base by introducing new beard trimmers and other such gadgets to help you get that perfect beard you want.
But how do you choose between all these different options when it comes to buying a new beard trimmer?
What To Look For When Buying A Beard Trimmer
Let’s take a look at some things you should take into consideration:
Obviously, the price is important, especially if you’re on a strict budget. Beard trimmers cost more than shavers and the price can vary widely depending on the features the particular trimmer has, with the best trimmers being quite expensive.
Obviously, all beard trimmers will be capable of trimming your beard and mustache, but some will have better battery lifes than others, some will charge quicker, some will be cordless while others are cordless, etc. Indeed, some will come with a range of extra attachements for trimming the hairs on your nose and ears.
So when choosing a beard trimmer, it’s a good idea to first make a list of features and extras that you want. This will let you draw up an initial shortlist of possible buys.
Then, decide how much you’re happy to pay for a trimmer. This will reduce your shortlist further.
Waterproof Or Not?
If you have particularly dry skin, you may want to trim your beard while in the shower. Obviously you’ll need a waterproof beard trimmer if this is the case.
The one thing that you should consider most carefully when making your buying decision is the blade.
You’ll want to go for a trimmer with a long-lasting blade that is comfortable to use and won’t cause any skin irritation. This means you’ll want a trimmer with a chromium, steel, or titanium blade.
Some of the more expensive trimmers feature dual-sided blades. The smaller side of these blades allow you to trim with extra precision, to fine-tune the detail of your beard.
Cordless Or Corded?
Cordless trimmers have more flexibility because you can use them anywhere. On the flip side, corded trimmers provide more power and cutting ability.
Plus you’re guaranteed that the batter would die in the middle of your shave (unless there’s a power cut)!
If you decide to go for a cordless trimmer, you’ll then have a further decision to make. How long a battery life do you need?
Nearly all trimmers will allow you to adjust the cutting length. You need to make sure the trimmer you choose supports the length of beard you have.
It’s also important that you can firmly lock in the cutting length. The last thing you want to happen is for it to move during use.
If it does and you end up with a short part of your beard, you won’t have any choice other than to cut the rest of your beard to the same length.
Either that or walk around looking a bit odd while you wait for it to grow back, anyway!
Do you want to be able to cut your hair, or trim your ear and nose hair with your trimmer? If so, you’ll need to choose one that offers these features.
Although trimmers like these are more expensive, if you don’t already own a head shaver or nasal/ear hair trimmers it can work out cheaper to buy a beard trimmer that offers these functions rather than buying separate tools.
Do you want to travel with your beard trimmer? If so, you may want to look for a trimmer that comes with a travel bag.
We’ve discussed what to look for when buying a beard trimmer. Consider what features you need and how much you’re willing to pay, then make a shortlist of all the trimmers that meet your requirements and fall within your budget. Then just choose the one you like best or the one with the best reviews.
- Ceramic coated blades effortlessly cut the hair neatly and effectively for precise styling of beards and stubble
- The convenient pop up trimmer is suitable for shaping hair around the chin and the sideburns area, so you can finish off your chosen style to perfection
- The trimmer has nine length settings so you can trim hair to your preferred length with ease, simply turn the zoom wheel on the handle until the length you want is displayed and your chosen length will be locked in
- For added reassurance, this trimmer comes with a 3 years guarantee
- 9 Pre–set lengths settings 1.5 to 18mm and Up to 40 minutes of cordless usage
- ✍【All-in-one Trimmer】Designed for body and facial use, which can be men's trimmer, shaver and edger for a perfect stubble. Also ideal for use on lady's delicate areas such as underarms and the bikini line
- ✍【Replaceable Stainless Steel Dual-sided Blade】A glide coating with rounded tips follows the contours of your face with ease and makes your skin stay comfortable. Blade with double-side edge processing features a fast-moving more than 200 times per second
- ✍【Fully Washable】This shaver allows you a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with shaving cream or gel in the shower. The whole device is directly washable under running water to keep it fresh and clean
- ✍【USB Charging & Cordless Convenience】2 hours fully recharge provides up to 55 minutes of precision shaving with no performance loss. USB plug charging gives more flexible ways to recharge, perfect for your travelling (AN EXTRA ADAPTOR IS NEEDED)
- ✍【Shave Any Length】Comes with 4 guide combs (1/2/4/6 mm), let you trim any length of hair easily on your face or beard
- Battery powered, cordless operation for freedom of movement
- Ideal for beards, stubble, facial hair, necklines and sideburns
- Offers cutting lengths from 0.5 mm to 13 mm
- Precision ground, high carbon steel blades for optimal cutting performance and stay sharp longer
- Includes trimmer stand for compact storage
For more great male grooming product reviews and guides, have a look through these popular links: