Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate TechEffect earns from qualifying purchases made via links on our website.
The best coffee grinders not only give you great tasting coffee, they also give your home that enticing fresh-ground coffee aroma too. Here are our reviews of the top models on the UK market today.
One of our favourite kitchen gadgets is the coffee grinder. Pre-ground coffee can soon lose its flavour, so it’s no surprise that coffee lovers often prefer to buy coffee beans and do their own grinding in their kitchen.
This allows their coffee to stay fresher for longer and has the added benefit of giving the kitchen that fantastic aroma of freshly-ground coffee. Of course to do this you need to buy yourself a coffee grinder.
Nowadays, there are many different grinders on the market so how do you choose which one to buy? In order to help you out, we’ve done the research for you and here are our reviews of the best coffee grinders currently on the UK market in 2018.
Best Coffee Grinders
De’Longhi KG79 Professional Burr Grinder
- Bean container capacity 120 gram
- Grind selector: 17 grinding levels to choose according to the type of grain, a more or less fine grind
- The selector allows to grind the grain according to the desired quantity: up to 12 cups
- SIMPLICITY: A removable transparent tank to collect the ground coffee
- SAFETY: The mill stops automatically if one of the two tanks is removed
De’Longhi are well known for their quality home products and this professional burr grinder is no exception.
If you want a consistently smooth ground coffee then look no further.
- Bean capacity of 120g.
- Capable of grinding enough beans for between 2 and 12 cups of coffee.
- Simple use via on/off switch.
- Easy fineness setting selection using the dial.
- Built-in safety system called Dual Safe automatically stops grinding if the coffee bean holder or the already ground coffee are removed.
- Quieter than most other grinders.
- Two grinding wheels for safe and consistent grinding.
- Built-in cord storage.
Baratza Encore Electric Burr
- Grinds for French Press to Espresso
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA
- Conical Burrs
- Speed to Grind: .8 to 1.1g/sec
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (227g)
The Baratza Encore isn’t the cheapest grinder reviewed here, but it’s still excellent value for money, providing great quality ground coffee every time.
- An unbelievable 40 different fineness settings. Whether you want fine or coarse ground coffee, you can easily get the exact coarseness you want with this model.
- Reliable and predictable output for whichever grind setting is chosen.
- The quiet and efficient motor prevents the beans heating up.
- The bean hopper container holds up to 227g of beans.
- Very easy to use.
Sage By Heston Blumenthal The Smart Grinder Pro
- Free your grind: The Smart Grinder Pro lets you grind directly into the porta-filter, an airtight container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter. The choice is yours.
- LCD display: a clear and concise LCD screen shows grind setting, grind time and number of shots or cups you have selected.
- Pre-programmed settings: intelligent settings help your grinder achieve perfect results regardless of how fine or coarse you require your beans.
- 60 grind settings: with so many intuitive grind settings to choose from, you can create perfection from espresso to French press.
- Dosing IQ: precision digital time allows you to adjust and program grind time In 0.2 second increments giving you total control and a perfect dose every time.
If a consistent grind quality and good looks are equally important to you, then the Sage Smart Grinder Pro is definitely worth considering.
It looks great and works great too, providing you with professional quality coffee at home.
- Trumps even the Baratza Encore with 60 different grind settings.
- Dosing IQ technology – when you change the grind setting, the dose is changed automatically.
- Extra large bean hopper.
- 450g bean hopper is removable.
- Consistent and fine quality grind.
- 60 different grind coarseness settings.
- Mid-grind pause feature.
- Quiet operation compared to most grinders.
Krups GVX242 Expert Pro Combi
- Updated and re-engineered to improve performance on previous models
- Grounds fineness selector for anything from Espresso to Cafetiere
- Professional grade burr milling system for premium results
- Number of cups selector
- Removable ground coffee container with safety lid
The Krups GVX242 Expert Pro is our favorite budget coffee grinder under £100.
Its burr milling system is high quality and produces great results that compare well to a lot of more expensive grinders.
- Simple to use and user-friendly.
- Fineness (from Espresso to Cafetiere) and number of cups selectors (2 – 12 cups).
- Ground coffee container is removable and has a safety lid.
- 200g capacity bean container.
- Compact and lightweight design make it suitable for even the smallest of kitchens.
There is a staggering range of coffee grinders on the UK market today, and the number seems to be ever-increasing. Because of the mechanical nature of these machines some inevitably have operational faults and annoyances.
Not so with these grinders covered here. Each of them thoroughly deserves their place on any list of the best coffee grinders, with each of them offering their own individual advantages.
Our own particular favourite grinder is the Sage Smart Grinder Pro due to its combination of great appearance, reliability, quality and the sheer number of configuration options it offers.
For more great kitchen gadget product reviews and guides, have a look through these popular links: