Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate TechEffect earns from qualifying purchases made via links on our website.
Our choice as the best home head shaver on the market is the Bald Eagle Smart Electric due to its ease of use and the comfortable and close shave it gives. If you need a blade shaver then the Headblade ATX is our recommended shaver.
Many women find baldness sexy. Not only that, bald heads apparently make men appear more powerful and dominant too. And so it’s no surprise that so many men are choosing to go for the bald look these days, regardless of whether they’re naturally balding or not.
Keeping a close-cut, lean and clean look takes time and effort though. And a quality head shaver can make all the difference in this respect.
So here are our picks of the best head shavers on the UK market in 2018…
Reviews of the best head shavers
Bald Eagle Smart Electric Shaver
- Electric shaver designed for bald head and face shaving, patented design for extra reach of back of head and body
- it features large swirling shaver head with five rotary cutters for fast and close shave 90 minutes of use on single charge
- Royal blue LCD display shows numerical battery level indicator
- Ul certified 110-240v plug charge for worldwide voltage; stronger motor up to 10500 rpm
- Along with shaver get high quality travel case and very useful and improved Rinse Stand plus a USB charger in one bundle.
The Bald Eagle is the most expensive product reviewed here so it needs to have that bit extra to justify the extra cost. But does it have what it takes? Let’s take a look at what features you get for your money:
- 5 individually flexed shaving heads.
- Powerful motor (up to 10,500 RPM).
- Specifically designed for bald head shaving.
- Good battery life (about 90 minutes) and quick recharge time (about 2 hours).
- In-built battery level indicator.
- Easy to clean.
What’s it like to use?
If you’re only used to using a blade, you’ll be struck with how quick and easy it is to get a complete shave with the Bald Eagle Smart Shaver.
It’s easy to hold due to its design and the shaving heads flex individually as you move it over your skin. This means they adapt to the unique shape and bumps of your skull, shaving all of it comfortably and easily as you move the shaver in all directions.
Because it’s so easy to hold and move around, there’s no need to worry about having to perform any unfeasible body contortions as you try and see what you’re doing in a mirror. Just shave all over and then check the finished result afterwards.
The battery life isn’t as long as that of the Skull Shaver Palm reviewed below, but is perfectly adequate for several head and face shaves before needing a recharge.
Pros of the Bald Eagle Smart Electric Shaver
- Comfortable to hold – the ergonomic design and light weight means it’s easy to grip.
- Super close shave for an electric shaver – the 5 individually flexed shaving heads provide a clean, close shave, much closer than clippers.
- Easy to use – it glides effortlessly over your head due to its design.
- Easy to clean – just switch it on and submerge it in warm water.
The one slightly negative aspect of the Bald Eagle Smart Shaver is that the battery life is only adequate. We’d have liked something a bit better for the price.
That said, this is due to the powerful motor it uses and as long as you remember to charge it when needed, it’s not really an issue. And on the plus side, the recharge time is quick at around two hours. Also, as shaving is so quick and easy with this shaver you’ll get as many shaves out of the shorter battery life as you will out of other shavers with longer battery lives, due to the fact that your shaves won’t be as quick with them.
You’ll never get as close a shave with an electric shaver as you will with a blade, but the Bald Eagle comes closer than any other electric shaver we’ve tried. It’s ergonomic design makes for a quick and comfortable shave that feels super close.
Does it justify the extra price tag? On balance we believe that it does. If you want the best and most comfortable head shaver then you’ll struggle to find better than this.
That said, if you’re on a tight budget, one of the other models covered here is probably more suitable to your needs as they offer almost as much quality for less money.
HeadBlade ATX All Terrain Head Shaver
- Special shaved skull. HeadBlade Sport shaver for the head.
- New and even more manoeuvrable and ergonomic design, the HeadBlade ATX shaver fits in the palm of your hand and allows effortless blade angle control, avoiding cuts and cuts. The triple blade is now at the back and the wheels ensure a perfect, ultra-fast and smooth shave.
The prize for the coolest looking shaver definitely goes to the Headblade ATX. It’s design is supposedly based upon that of a 4×4 car and it does look great with its two front wheels and colourful, chunky appearance.
But of course, it doesn’t matter how good it looks if its going to cut you or leave you with a patchy, uneven shave. So how does it actually perform? Let’s start with its main features and then see how it handles…
- Multiple blades to give you a closer shave.
- Easy to hold due to ergonomic design.
- HB3, HB4 and HB6 blade compatibility.
What’s it like to use?
The HeadBlade ATX All Terrain is very aptly named, as it does indeed work very well on all terrain: it gives you a really nice close shave not only on your head but also on your face, body and legs.
As you move it over your skull, you keep the wheels in contact with your skin which ensures the rear blades glide smoothly along. This results in a really nice, clean and even shave.
And as it has such a good ergonomic design, the HeadBlade ATX is really easy to grip, something that’s important if you’re going to be using it all over your body as it’s designed for.
Pros of the HeadBlade ATX All Terrain
Very comfortable to hold – prolonged shaving doesn’t cause any hand or wrist pain.
Quick and easy to use – thanks to its unique design, the HeadBlade ATX is very simple to use, with or without a mirror, and provides a comfortable and painless shaving experience.
Fewer cuts and nicks – because the design makes the blade glide smoothly over your skin, once you get used to using it, you should find you get far fewer shaving cuts than using a normal blade.
This is a high-quality product with very little wrong with it. The one thing we would say is that it does take a little while to find exactly the right amount of pressure to put on to ensure the closest shave without any cuts or nicks. Once you do get used to it though, it’s a pleasure to use.
The HeadBlade ATX is a good-looking product that offers a quick and close shave on any area of your body. It’s definitely one of the top head shavers out there and is highly recommended, especially if you want the closeness only a blade can give you.
Philips HeadGroom QC5570/13
- Comes with 180 degrees rotating head
- Comes with 13 lockin length settings. Two combs provide length settings from 1 mm to 15 mm
- Top cutting performance with selfsharpening, stainless steel blades.
- Rounded edges on the blades and combs mean less scratching and a more comfortable trim
- Use it cordless or plugged in
The Philips HeadGroom is an all-round electric shaver designed for both bald head and face shaving as well as hair trimming. But is it just another in a long line of such or does it offer superior results?
Well, given that it’s included in this list, you can probably guess the answer to that question!
Yes, the Philips HeadGroom does indeed rank among the best of its kind on the market. But what makes it so special and so useful when it comes to helping you get that clean, bald look? Let’s take a look, starting with the product features…
- 180 degree rotating head.
- 13 lock-in settings.
- Foil shaver.
What’s it like to use?
The product comes with an NiMH battery that enables it to run for up to an hour on a single charge. The head rotates through a full 180 degrees, making it easy to reach those difficult areas – just adjust the head to the appropriate angle for where you’re trying to reach and away you go. As this product is also a hair clipper you can clip longer hair before shaving to shorten it and make the actual shaving that much easier. The unit gives you a quick and close shave without nicks or cuts thanks to the rounded edges on the blade.
The Philips HeadGroom is also comfortable and easy to hold due to the soft-touch rubber grip. This really does make it very easy to manipulate and get right into those tricky areas.
Flexibility and ease of use are two of the most important aspects of any shaver and here the HeadGroom excels. All the features combined make shaving your head and face with the unit a completely pleasurable experience.
Pros of the Philips HeadGroom
- Comfortable grip – No more hand and wrist pain caused by long shaving times.
- Painless shaving – The Philips features a head that rotates though 180 degrees, a powerful motor and rounded blades that allow for a smooth shave with less scratching and pain.
- Use in the shower– This product is fully waterproof allowing you to use it in the shower or bath if you wish.
- Easy cleaning – This unit is fully waterproof and washable and can be easily cleaned under the tap.
- Self sharpening blades – the blades on the Philips are self sharpening which means they remain in top condition and maintain a superior cutting experience for longer.
There aren’t many negative things to say about this shaver. The only minor criticism is that it doesn’t give the closest possible shave. To be fair, you’ll never get a similar level of closeness from an electric product as that provided by traditional razor blades. The Philips is no exception.
With the product’s flexibility, comfort and ease of use, the verdict is: The Philips HeadGroom is highly recommended. Those looking for an effective head and face shaving solution should try out this product.
The best head shavers – conclusion
The shavers reviewed here are among the very best head shavers on the UK market today. The Bald Eagle Smart Electric Shaver is our favourite due to its ability to offer a super quick and easy shave, that’s still very clean and close.
If you absolutely must have the close shave that only a blade can offer, then the Headblade ATX is highly recommended.
For more great male grooming product reviews and guides, have a look through these popular links:
- Beard trimmer buyer’s guide
- Beard trimmer reviews
- Natural treatments for hair loss
- Should I shave my head?
- The best hair clippers